7. What are the two primary languages of Canada?
8. What is the cube root of 27?
9. If 142=X. What is the value of "X"?
10. Who wrote the Declaration of Independence?
11. What was the last state to join the United States?
12. From what country did the United States purchase the land known as the Louisiana Purchase?
13. What form of government did Germany have before and during World War II?
14. What large body of water borders Israel?
15. Name four countries in Europe.
16. Write the molecular make-up of Carbon Monoxide.
17. Give the scientific definition of "matter".
18. Define the word "Infinite".
19. Where in nature is chlorophyll found?
20. How many states are there in the United States of America?
21. When was the Declaration of Independence first signed?
22. Name the last nine Presidents of the United States in descending order.
23. What is the significance of October 29, 1929?
24. What is the largest state in the United States?
25. Name the first three Presidents.
26. Name the President during the American Civil War.
27. What is the cube root of 8?
28. What incident caused the United States entered World War II?
29. How many sides does a trapezoid have?
30. What was the new weapon of mass destruction in World War I?
31. Name four countries on the South American continent.
32. Who invented the electric light bulb?
33. Who invented the phonograph?
34. What is the most powerful weapon in the United States' military arsenal?
35. What is the primary power source of a modern submarine?
36. Name the three largest countries in North America.
37. Name three countries that were allied with the U.S. during World War II.
38. Name three forms of communication.
39. Who theorized the equation "E=mc2"?
40. Name four countries in Asia.
41. Name the planets in order starting with the one closest to the Sun.
42. Name two literary works by William Shakespeare.
43. How far is the Sun from the Earth?
44. What is the largest desert in China?
45. Name the Oceans of the world.
46. What is stated in the 1st amendment to the Constitution?
47. What are the first ten amendments to the Constitution called?
48. Name five countries on the African continent.
49. What did the Emancipation Proclamation do?
50. When was the war of 1812 fought?
51. What is the highest mountain in the world?
52. Which President was elected to four terms as President of the United States?
53. If 1002=X. What is the value of "X"?
54. What is stated in the 2nd amendment to the constitution?
55. What is 100% of 1286?
56. What year was President John Kennedy assassinated?
57. What city and country were the targets of the first and second atomic bombs?
58. What is the official language of Brazil?
59. If you take a test with 5000 questions, how many would you miss in order to score 72%?
60. Within 5%, how much of the earth's surface is covered by water?
61. What four States in the United States come together to meet at a single point?
62. How many Vice-Presidents does the President of the United States have?
63. What are the three branches of the United States government?
64. Where is the Bering Strait?
65. What is 18% of 200?
66. Name three states of "matter".
67. When was the American Civil War fought?
68. Write the equation for determining the area of a circle.
69. Write the equation for determining the area of a square?
70. Which war did the dropping of the Atomic bomb bring to an end?
71. What war were Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles with nuclear warheads first used?
72. Where is the Statue of Liberty located?
73. What did the Lewis and Clark expedition hope to find?
74. What is the most abundant gas in the atmosphere?
75. How many feet are there in a mile?
76. What will lower the freezing point of water?
77. What form of government does the United States have?
78. What state is the well-known city of "Anchorage" located?
79. How many inches are there in a meter?
80. Define the word "Capitalism".
81. Where is/was the World Trade Center located?
82. On what continent is the country of India located?
83. Where is the longest unguarded border between two countries?
84. What happens to a volume of gas as it is compressed?
85. What is necessary for sound to travel?
86. What is the speed of light?
87. What are the two most populated countries on Earth?
88. Write the mathematical equation for determining the circumference of a circle.
89. Define a "Right Triangle".
90. What does the Vice-President do when the Senate is in session?
91. What is needed for a fire to exist?
92. What is another word for "Iron Oxide"?
93. What color is oxygen?
94. What is an electron?
95. What causes rain?
96. How many states were there when the United States declared its independence?
97. What is the most populated city in the United States?
98. What is the job of a lawyer?
99. What is the sq/ft of a room that measures 720 inches × 560 inches?
100. What will change the boiling point of water?
101. How many meters are there in a Kilometer?
102. What is an "alloy"?
103. What will happen to a metal rod when it is heated?
104. What is the periodic table?
105. What is the mathematical equation for "speed"?
106. Define the term "Light Year"?
107. Why does smoke rise?
108. Give the chemical make-up of water.
109. What is the lightest element?
110. If 4.5 × 0.5= X. What is the value of "X"?
111. What large military action was the United States involved in during the 1960s?
112. Are X-rays visible light?
113. What is the measurement of electrical current?
114. What percentage of the atmosphere is oxygen?
115. What is the measurement of light intensity?
116. What colors are used to make the color "black"?
117. Why does a compass needle point North?
118. What is measurement of electrical power?
119. If -52 + 52 = X, what is the value of "X"?
120. Name a state where the Rocky Mountains are located?
121. What is a verb?
122. How many Senators are there from each state?
123. What is the minimum age to run for President of the United States?
124. What war was called "The war to end all wars"?
125. Name a single-cell organism.
126. Define the word "Astronomy".
127. What is a noun?
128. To the fourth decimal point, what is the value of π?
129. What bird is the symbol of the United States?
130. What is the largest planet in our solar system?
131. How many quarters are there in $10.00?
132. How many numerals are there?
133. What continent is the country of Bosnia located?
134. Who was the 16th President?
135. What city is the Library of Congress located?
136. What primary method does the government use to raise money?
137. To which planets does the Space Shuttle fly?
138. What year did man first land on the moon?
139. In what year did World War II end?
140. What is the largest animal in the world?
141. Lightning is an example of which kind of electricity?
142. What effect does the sun heating the surface of the Earth have on weather conditions?
143. Are there currents in the oceans?
144. How fast does the Earth rotate on its axis?
145. Define the word "Invertebrate".
146. Does the color "Black" absorb light better that the color "Red"?
147. What is 550% of 100?
148. Can a liquid, as a rule, be compressed?
149. What is the responsibility of the "IRS"?
150. What do the initials "U.S.M.C." stand for?
151. What year did the Pilgrims land on Plymouth Rock?
152. Who invented the first self-propelled boat?
153. Who was Adolf Hitler?
154. Who was Joseph Stalin?
155. Who shot President Abraham Lincoln?
156. What decade was the Korean War?
157. Who is credited with inventing the Telephone?
158. What great achievement did Neil Armstrong complete?
159. What is the basic ingredient of paper?
160. Define "FBI".
161. If 129 ÷ 3 = X, what is the value of "X"?
162. Name two types of currency.
163. Is steel a pure element?
165. What type of heavenly body is the Sun?
166. Does the moon produce its own light?
167. Of all of the elements on the periodic table, which one is the best conductor of heat?
168. What was "D-Day"?
169. What is a "Solar Eclipse"?
170. What is the value of "0"?
171. Define the term "Bounced Check"?
172. Aircraft are made primarily of which type of metal?
173. Define the word "Biology".
174. What are the two major political parties in the United States today?
175. What does an engineer do?
176. What is a "radio"?
177. What was the primary reason the Pilgrims came to America?
178. What kind of information does a book called an "Atlas" have?
179. What act of aggression brought the United States into World War II?
180. Name two methods of producing electricity.
181. What kind of reaction allows a battery to produce electricity?
182. What makes terrorism effective?
183. If 112 = X, what is the value of "X"?
184. Define "CIA".
185. Is hydrogen flammable?
186. Who was J. Edgar Hoover?
187. Was an assassination attempt ever made against President Ronald Reagan?
188. Is cancer a contagious disease?
189. Who led the first expedition to circumnavigate the Earth?
190. Who is on the front of the $5.00 bill?
191. How old does a citizen of the United States have to be to vote in an election?
192. What year did the United States enter World War II?
193. What was the first country to develop and use Biological weapons?
194. What is the primary disadvantage of a nuclear powerplant when compared to a fossil fuel powerplant?
195. How many pounds are there in 10 tons?
196. What is an adjective?
197. Who was General Robert E. Lee?
198. Define the word "Independence".
199. Define the word "Freedom".
200. Is a squid considered to be a vertebrate?
201. How many ounces are there in a quart?
202. What are the three different methods of heat transference?
203. What kind of information does a book called a "Thesaurus" have?
204. What is an "incline plane"?
205. What is the significance of July 20, 1969?
206. How long is a presidential term?
207. Before President Grant became President of the United States, he was famous for doing what?
208. What are the two houses of Congress?
209. What President gave authorization to drop the atomic bomb on Japan?
210. Which has more heat, a nail that has been heated to white-hot state or a bathtub full of lukewarm water?
211. Concerning the Nixon administration, what was "Watergate"?
212. Who first discovered the moons around Jupiter?
213. What kind of government does Cuba have?
214. Who was Louis Pasteur?
215. What function do the kidneys perform in the human body?
216. What President served two non-consecutive terms as President?
217. Define "Socialism"
218. Define "Communism"
219. Define "Democracy"
220. Who was the first President of the United States to be impeached?
This concludes the test in its entirety. How did you do? As you can see, the test covered an entire spectrum of subjects that each person should have as general knowledge.
As students, we were expected to achieve a minimum grade of 90%. Anything less would be considered a personal failure. Unfortunately, in today's society, a grade of 70% would probably be considered a total success.
By the standards of 30 years ago, this is a pretty simple and easy test.